Google has always been a company that has been characterized by enigmas when they were going to launch a new product, to try to give clues about the dates, and even to include hidden functions or Easter eggs (Easter eggs) in their software. You will be able to see from some hidden games, to many others hidden android features. If you want to discover them, here’s how.
Before you begin, remember that many brands add compatibility layers to their phones, so Android options and menus may vary. Generally the steps to follow are the same, but there are times when they may vary. However, you have the Settings finder that will help you locate something if you can’t find it.
Easter Eggs or Easter eggs in recent versions of Android
In each version of the Google operating system, these types of hidden functions of Android have been hidden. However, few mobile devices will still have the older versions, but it is common to continue to have versions from 9 onwards. If so, take a look at these hidden easter eggs:
- Android 9 Foot: This version has a kind of hidden Paint, like the one in Windows. In order to open this function you will have to go to:
- Device Information
- Android version (tap repeatedly until a pop-up window opens).
- Android 10: In some models with more advanced vibration systems you can also find hidden haptic feedback functions using these sensors. To access you go to:
- Device Information
- Android version (press 10 times on it)
- Then double click on the one and move it to form a Q.
- Then press the Android logo until the game appears.
- Android 11: The Neko Cat minigame is an old acquaintance that has returned to this version. To access this Easter egg you have to enter:
- phone information
- Android version (press several times)
- When Andy’s logo appears you have to drag the white circle all the way to the right to get to position 10.
- Then return to the first position and remove your finger from the screen.
- Turn the control back to position 11 in this case and the new version logo will appear.
- Then you must return to the home screen of the mobile and press and hold the on/off button and access the control menu.
- Tap the 3-dot icon that appears on the right side, over the middle of the screen.
- Choose Add Controls.
- See other applications.
- Select Cat Controls.
- Mark the three available options: Water Bubbler, Food bowl and Toy.
- Go back to the controls menu and touch each one to make different options to interact with the cat.
- android 12: in this new version you will find a clock made with Material You with which you can interact to change the time using the hands. To enter:
- Android version (tap 12 times without pauses).
- Now the widget with the clock is displayed on the screen. You will see that the colors are based on those of the wallpaper you have.
Codes of hidden functions in Android
More hidden functions of Android that you should know, since they are very practical, are those of the calling app. You just have to enter it and go to the on-screen keyboard as if you were going to dial a phone number to call. But instead you can use the following codes:
- *#06#: tells you the IMEI number of your mobile.
- ##4636## or *#*#4636#*#*: Show mobile usage statistics.
- ##7594##: Turn off the device.
- 27673855#: Factory reset (everything will be erased) and format.
- *#7465625#: check SIM lock.
- *#9090# – Perform a device diagnostic.
- ##273282255663282##* or *#*#273282*255*663282*#*#* – Backs up files.
- ##197328640## or *#*#197328640#*#*: enter test mode.
- #0#: access the service menu.
- *#746#: system debugging mode.
- *#0228#: check battery status.
- *#7353#: quick tests menu for the device.
- *#301279#: displays information about the terminal.
- #3282727336*# – View mobile data usage statistics.
- *#*#232339#*#*: tests the WiFi connection.
- *#*#0842#*#*: vibration and screen brightness test.
- *#*#2664#*#*: touch screen test.
- *#*#232331#*#*: test for Bluetooth.
- *#*#1472365#*#*: quick GPS test.
- *#*#1575#*#*: full GPS test.
- *#*#0*#*#*: test for the LCD screen.
- *#*#0289#*#*: does an audio test.
- *#*#34971539#*#*: Get information about the mobile camera.
More apps to share
Surely you have used the function many times to share some type of file through apps such as WhatsApp, Telegram, GMAIL, etc. And you will have seen that the number of apps that appears in that menu is limited. Well if you want add an app with which to share content and that it is not in that quick access menu, you can also do it by following these steps:
- Choose any type of file to share, it is simply to open the share menu on the screen.
- Now you will see that you have the menu with the icons of the pinned apps and also a list with more optional apps.
- In the section with more apps, find the one you want to set as preferred. You must press a few moments on it and a menu will appear.
- Click on the Set option and you will see that it will already appear among the main ones, to have it more at hand next time.
Another one of the hidden functions of Android is Guest Mode. It’s not really occult, but few know about it, so it can be considered occult. With this mode you can invite anyone to use the mobile with limitations. It could even be good for when you give the mobile to the little ones. In addition, it leaves no trace, no data, no history, or anything you have done with that profile is saved. The person in guest mode will also not be able to access your data or your applications.
For enter this modethe steps are:
- Advanced Options
- multiple users
- Activate the option to allow multiple accounts on the mobile device
- Now open the quick accounts menu
- Click on the user profile
- add guest
google added Live Captions feature. One of the most practical hidden functions of Android. Thanks to it, subtitles can be added automatically when you watch a video or listen to a podcast. So the language will not be an impediment. If you want to activate it:
- Play any video on your device. It doesn’t matter what it is.
- Now press the -/+ volume down or volume up button.
- Under the volume control you will see a subtitle icon appear. Click on it.
- Activate Live Captions and enjoy.
You can also do it from Settings > Sound > Live Captions. Of course, it does not work on all models, only on some such as the Google Pixel and Samsung Galaxy S.
Next on the list of hidden Android features is the notification history. Notifications are very practical to inform you of events that have happened on your mobile, but once seen or deleted, they disappear. However, there is a way to access the notification history if you have Android 11:
- Look for the Notification History entry.
- Active if it was not active.
- Every time they are generated, you will be able to see them from this menu from now on.
It is followed by this other Android function that is most practical when you want pause an app while serving someone or doing something. In this way, you will not be able to access it and you will be able to maintain concentration on other tasks, increasing productivity. Something practical in the moments of study or working hours. The way to do it is easy:
- Find the app you want to pause.
- Hold down on its icon.
- You will see that an hourglass-shaped button appears in the upper left area. Click on it.
- Now you can pause the app.
This other function also does not work in some models with a customization layer on Android (UI).
Hidden game in Google Chrome
And finally, for lovers of games and entertainment with retro touches, could not miss one of the most interesting Easter eggs. It is not in Android itself, but it is in the Chrome web browser, which you surely have pre-installed. As many already know, to play this jumping and skill game with this nice pixelated dinosaur, what you have to do is:
- Open Chrome.
- Put the mobile in airplane mode or disconnect from the data network and WiFi, so that it does not have access to the Internet.
- Go back to Chrome and try to enter some page or do a Google search.
- You will see a “No internet connection” message and a tyrannosaurus appear. Tap on it and start T-Rex Game.
- It’s easy to handle, just touch the screen when you want him to jump to avoid obstacles. It will get more and more complicated.