How to mute notifications in Messenger?
Before explaining how one can cease receiving any message by a dialog with that individual by Facebook chat, we would like to provide you with a much less drastic and equally useful choice.
If you’re fearful that within the meantime one thing vital is lacking from this consumer, you’ll be able to select to mute your notifications. This will make the chat with him proceed inside your checklist of conversations, you proceed to obtain these messages and so they accumulate however, sure, you don’t obtain any kind of notification that comes from this dialog. To do that it is so simple as:
- Open the Facebook Messenger app on your cellphone and seek for the dialog with that individual.
- Swipe this chat from proper to left. Here you will note three choices which might be displayed. Click on the bell.
- In this panel that has appeared, it provides us the choice to silence notifications for a sure time or, if you want, so uninterrupted.
From now on, this individual can be ready to ship you all of the messages they need without being disturbed by the everyday Messenger sound or a floating window. In case you need to do that from the net model with the pc it can be so simple as:
- Find the dialog with that consumer.
- Click on his identify to show the chat settings.
- Select the choice “Mute dialog” to obtain the identical outcome within the Web model of Facebook Messenger.
How to ignore a dialog in Messenger
In the occasion that you’re decided to utterly cease receiving messages from this consumer, it’s best to know that he won’t be able to understand that he’s being ignored and, as well as, you’ll not see any of their fixed messages inside your common checklist. But, sure, if this individual sends you message after message without receiving any response, clearly they need to perceive that one thing unusual is occurring. On the opposite hand, the chat with that “heavy” good friend won’t disappear, however can be saved in one other place out of your sight, however we’ll speak extra about this later.
For ignore the dialog of a particular individual inside the app of Facebook Messenger, you simply have to comply with the next steps:
- Access the dialog with that consumer out of your cellular.
- Once inside, click on on the username of this individual to show the settings for this dialog.
- Now, from this new menu, you will note the choice to “Ignore messages”. Press it to activate this characteristic.
- Finally, within the pop-up textual content, verify your resolution by clicking on «Ignore».
From now on, any message you obtain from this individual won’t solely not trouble you with sounds or pop-ups, however you’ll not even see it in your Messenger dialog lists. The course of from desktop model is equivalent to the mute however, on this case, you need to click on on “Ignore messages”. It’s that easy to ignore that heavy good friend that all of us have on this social community.
How to disable ‘ignore messages’ on Facebook
If after a when you remorse having ignored this individual and wish disable this selectionYou ought to know that it is tremendously easy. You simply have to comply with the next steps each by the cell phone Messenger app or from the desktop model itself:
- Click on the dialog search engine as you usually would to begin a brand new chat.
- Type within the username of the individual you “blocked” on the time. Click on his profile to entry the dialog.
- Once right here, and on the writing field to ship messages, you will note that Facebook itself tells us that if we would like to cease ignoring this individual we’ll solely have to ship them a message.
And voila, we will to obtain messages once more of our good friend on this social community and all the pieces can be as firstly, sure, we’ll as soon as once more be a prey of his fixed messages on Facebook Messenger.