What does Dropbox say about utilizing 2 accounts?
Yes, you may have a number of Dropbox accounts. You will want a totally different e-mail deal with for every account. Of course, it qualifies some necessary variations that rely on the kind of account:
- If you have got a Dropbox Business account and a Basic, Plus, Family or Professional account, you may log into each on the same machine and change from one to the different simply.
- If you have got a number of Dropbox Basic, Family, Plus, or Professional accounts, you will have to signal out of 1 account to check in to one other.
- If it’s a group or household sharing a computer with a number of Dropbox accounts, a totally different Dropbox account can be utilized for every set of computer login credentials.
How to change accounts
To change between private and Dropbox Business accounts on the dropbox.com web site:
- Sign in to dropbox.com.
- Click on your identify or group identify in the decrease left nook.
- Click the identify of the account you need to view.
The system might ask you to log into your different account, based mostly on your final exercise. In case you have got the desktop software and wish to change between your private account and your Dropbox Business account, these are the steps:
- Open the Dropbox desktop app.
- Click on your e-mail deal with in the decrease left nook.
- Click on the account you need to change to.
If we speak about the software, however for mobile telephones, the steps are:
- Open the Dropbox mobile app.
- Touch Bill.
- At the prime, faucet your group or your identify.
Finally, they clarify how to simply change between your work and private Dropbox accounts from the Dropbox icon in your system tray / menu bar:
- Click on the Dropbox icon in the system tray or menu bar.
- Click on your profile image or initials in the higher proper nook.
- Your accounts will seem at the prime of the listing. Click on the account you need to change to. A verify mark will seem subsequent to it.
Different methods to use two accounts at the same time
The simplest way to use two Dropbox accounts at the same time on your PC is to set up the Dropbox desktop app related to an account and log in to one other account from the Dropbox web site. Of course, we could have to open our browser in incognito mode in order that we are able to keep related on each accounts at the same time.
Although it’s the simplest way to have two Dropbox accounts open at the same time, the fact is that it’ll solely work if we want to entry a secondary account of occasional mannerSince there are a lot of duties to do from the net model, they’re too gradual, nothing to do with the risk of utilizing the file explorer or the comfort of synchronization in the background.
Another possibility is thru the use of shared folders. Dropbox gives the skill to share folders and information between customers, subsequently, if we want to entry sure information from a secondary account, we are able to share it with our important account. To do that, we log in to the Dropbox web site with our secondary account, create a new shared folder, choose the folder in query that we wish to entry from the important account, point out the account with which we wish to share it, ensuring to give modifying permissions and we share.
Automatically, we are going to obtain a message in the e-mail account related to the important Dropbox account from the place we are able to entry the folder and information that we simply shared. In this case, we have now the drawback that we won’t be able to share the root folder of Dropbox, so we could have to put every thing we wish to share in a separate folder. Also, this methodology of utilizing two Dropbox accounts at the same time penalizes our space for storing, since shared folders take up house on each accounts.
The subsequent possibility we have now to use two Dropbox accounts at the same time on our Windows computer is create a new consumer in the system and have a Dropbox account open in a single session and one other Dropbox account in the different Windows session.
To do that, the very first thing we have now to do is log into Windows with our administrator consumer. Next, we create a new Windows consumer with its personal password and related to a non-Microsoft e-mail account, Gmail for instance.
Once that is completed, we are able to open a Dropbox account with our Windows administrator consumer and with out logging out of this account, change consumer and log in with the account that we simply created in the system. Now, we are able to open one other Dropbox account and change from one consumer to one other shortly in Windows with out logging out to have the opportunity to entry one and the different Dropbox account with out main drawback.
To shortly change between customers in Windows, we are able to use the keyboard shortcut Win + L and on this manner we are able to go from one to the different simply and shortly, in addition to entry the two Dropbox accounts from a single computer and from the file explorer itself.