Today Smartphones play a very important role in our lives. It is difficult to mention any task, job or activity that is not facilitated in some way by these. But What happens if my mobile turns itself on and off?this is a problem that can occur with some frequency.
Just because your phone turns itself off and on doesn’t mean you should replace it with a new one. There are many ways to try to resolve the issue on your own, in a very simple way and from the comfort of your home. We will be talking precisely about these routes in this article.
Why does my mobile turn itself off and on?
This is a not so strange problem that you may have had to face on occasion. There is no specific answer to this question. Your mobile can turn itself on and off for a wide variety of reasons, the solution will be different for each one of them.
Now, as we have previously mentioned, there are many causes that can lead to failures in the operating system of our smartphone.. These failures translate into the impossibility of completely turning on the phone or some other command, so it turns off and on again and again.
Most common causes of my mobile turning off and on by itself
- Problems with the smartphone operating system: It is one of the factors that normally affect our devices the most. It may happen after an update. When we download a more personalized operating system, or after restoring its factory settings. It is true that it should not happen if we download an operating system offered by the same mobile developer company, but it is not impossible for it to happen.
- After downloading an application not verified by the Play Store:
All the applications that are available to us in the Play Store, They have gone through a fairly rigorous process of analysis and verification of their proper functioning. If we download an app from unofficial sites, they may contain malware and viruses that lead to damage to your device.
- Your phone battery has been damaged: One of the most common reasons is this. Although it seems very easy to solve, usually many people do not try to check if this is the reason in the first instance. The problem may be because the battery is depleted or damaged, in these cases it causes short circuits on the device board.
- Your smartphone has suffered the effects of moisture or is physically damaged: If the screen of your smartphone or any other component is damaged or brokenit is possible that this will cause serious problems on the board and cause short circuits, that lead to it turning off and turning itself on.
How to solve this problem?
When something like this happens to us, we often get anguished and the first thing we think is that we will have to throw it away. This is something that can make us panic, either for fear of losing all our information and data that we have stored or for losing the money we invested in the purchase of the device.
Our recommendation is that stay positive and stay calm. Here are some possible solutions, generally some of them eliminate the problem:
restart your device
This is one of the easiest methods that we recommend. Although it may seem very simple, often the problem is solved. To do this, you must press and hold the power off button on your mobile for a few seconds.
If you prefer, you can make a Hard Reset, you will do this through the power button and the volume up buttonwhich you will leave pressed at the same time for a few seconds.
Another way is to use software developed to correct this type of error on our mobiles. Many of them are capable of solving a huge number of errors. One of the most recommended is TenorShare ReiBoot.
Download a new update for your mobile
On some occasions, the developer company of your smartphone releases an update that presents certain errors, but this is quickly fixed generally by security patches.
Due to these reasons, we always recommend that you keep your phone up to date with updates. It is more common to see this problem on smartphones than They have been put on the market for a short time.
How to check if there are available updates?
- Access the settings of your device.
- You will have to explore and find the System tab.
- Click on the option updates.
- In this option we will check the availability or not of new updates.
Smartphone battery calibration
As we mentioned before, the affectation in the battery is a quite frequent cause of the mobile turning itself off and on. To calibrate the battery, which greatly improves the life of the battery and fixes possible related errors, You just have to follow these steps:
- Charge the mobile until it reaches the load max.
- Once at 100% we must let it download completely until it turns off.
- Wait for a period longer than 4 hours without connecting it to the current.
- After the required time has elapsed, recharge it to full.
- Use your phone normally to see if it is working properly again.
If the previous measure did not give satisfactory results, then it may be time to replace your smartphone battery with a new one. One of the clearest indications that it indeed needs to be changed is that our phone has a certain percentage of charge, it turn it off from one moment to another and when you turn it back on it has a higher or much lower percentage.
We do not recommend doing this route from home. In the past, mobile phone batteries were easily removed, but today this is not the case. when trying without the help of a professional we can cause permanent damage.
Uninstall potentially harmful applications
It is possible that some application that you have downloaded in unofficial sites, be the cause of your mobile turning off and on by itself. To do this, we suggest that you eliminate all those apps that you have not downloaded from the Play Store or other verified sources.
If the problem is fixed then keep this in mind for the next time you are ready to make these downloads. It should be noted that although the Play Store is a fairly reliable place, on occasion these applications with viruses and malware they can circumvent your security reviews.
Reset the smartphone to its factory settings
This is one of the last measures that we recommend, although it is one of the most effective on the list.. We advise you to first try to find a solution in the above ways, since with this you will lose all the settings, associated accounts, application data stored on your device and a lot of additional information.
Go to technical support services
It is likely that in some cases, no matter how hard you try to find a solution from home without asking for help, this is not possible. Sometimes it is better not to keep trying because we can cause even worse or irreversible damage.
The problem is usually not resolved because the fault lies in the hardware of the device. In these cases, only trained personnel will be able to solve it with a greater probability of success. This service carries an additional cost, but generally it is more feasible than buying a new phone.
We hope that by the end of reading this article, you have found the answer to the question of what to do if my mobile turns off and turns on by itself. It is a fairly frequent mistake, although luckily in most cases the outcome is satisfactory. Let us know in the comments what other methods you use successfully. We read you.