Snapdragon Wear 3100: more battery for smartwatches

The Snapdragon Wear 3100 it is official. This new Qualcomm processor for sensible watches will permit to supply higher battery within the subsequent units which are launched with Wear OS.

The Snapdragon Wear 3100: that is the brand new Qualcomm processor

We had been speaking for a number of months about what the following chip would supply Qualcomm for sensible watches and it is lastly official. The Snapdragon Wear 3100 it should promote smartwatches from the speedy future, giving rise to a brand new technology of units that, clearly, should be higher than their predecessors. Why? First of all, due to one thing we already knew: this machine has been constructed from the bottom up for smartwatches. We are usually not speaking a few reconverted cellular chip because it was Snapdragon Wear 2100Rather, the structure of this new CPU has been created from the start to work on smartwatches. This means that you can optimize your sources to concentrate on the duties of those units.

This results in the second key level of the Snapdragon Wear 3100: battery above all. From Qualcomm They have finished calculations and located that principally solely 5% of the time a wise watch is being actively used. During the remaining 95% of the time, the sensors proceed to work, however clearly neither their consumption nor their use is similar. Therefore, the brand new CPU focuses on decreasing energy consumption to increase the lifetime of the machine. This doesn’t essentially imply more battery, however a better use of vitality.

Which results in the final key level of this new CPU: the three most used capabilities. Checking the time, utilizing the GPS and listening to music are the primary duties when utilizing a smartwatch, and the Snapdragon Wear 3100 it’s optimized for all three.

Snapdragon Wear 3100

New modes: improved, conventional and sports activities

Along with the whole lot talked about above, Qualcomm It additionally contains three new modes to empower three completely different elements of the Wear OS ecosystem:

  • Improved ambient mode: A second needle is added and the brightness and coloration are enhanced to offer higher high quality.
  • Traditional mode: Do you want to save battery? that is your approach. You will solely see the time, however it should final you 30 days with a full cost and per week with 20% remaining. Nothing dangerous.
  • Sports mode: The latter mode will arrive sooner or later and can improve the sportier look of Wear OS. The concept is to supply as much as 15 hours of GPS and coronary heart charge monitoring without having to cost the machine.

New units with Snapdragon Wear 3100 They will arrive from Christmas, and more information can be added sooner or later. It is time to attend to see if the way forward for Wear OS it’s as brilliant because it seems.