Snapdragon Wear 3100: more battery for smartwatches

Snapdragon Wear 3100

The Snapdragon Wear 3100 it is official. This new Qualcomm processor for sensible watches will enable to supply higher battery within the subsequent units which are launched with Wear OS.

The Snapdragon Wear 3100: that is the brand new Qualcomm processor

We had been speaking for a number of months about what the subsequent chip would supply Qualcomm for sensible watches and it is lastly official. The Snapdragon Wear 3100 it’ll promote smartwatches from the fast future, giving rise to a brand new era of units that, clearly, should be higher than their predecessors. Why? First of all, due to one thing we already knew: this system has been constructed from the bottom up for smartwatches. We usually are not speaking a couple of reconverted cell chip because it was Snapdragon Wear 2100Rather, the structure of this new CPU has been created from the start to work on smartwatches. This lets you optimize your sources to concentrate on the duties of those units.

This results in the second key level of the Snapdragon Wear 3100: battery above all. Since Qualcomm They have accomplished calculations and located that principally solely 5% of the time a sensible watch is being actively used. During the remaining 95% of the time, the sensors proceed to work, however clearly neither their consumption nor their use is identical. Therefore, the brand new CPU focuses on lowering energy consumption to increase the lifetime of the system. This doesn’t essentially imply more battery, however a better use of vitality.

Which results in the final key level of this new CPU: the three most used features. Checking the time, utilizing the GPS and listening to music are the primary duties when utilizing a smartwatch, and the Snapdragon Wear 3100 it’s optimized for all three.

Snapdragon Wear 3100

New modes: improved, conventional and sports activities

Along with all the pieces talked about above, Qualcomm It additionally contains three new modes to empower three totally different elements of the Wear OS ecosystem:

  • Improved ambient mode: A second needle is added and the brightness and shade are enhanced to supply higher high quality.
  • Traditional mode: Do you want to save battery? that is your manner. You will solely see the time, however it’ll final you 30 days with a full cost and per week with 20% remaining. Nothing dangerous.
  • Sports mode: The latter mode will arrive sooner or later and can improve the sportier look of Wear OS. The thought is to supply as much as 15 hours of GPS and coronary heart price monitoring while not having to cost the system.

New units with Snapdragon Wear 3100 They will arrive from Christmas, and more information might be added sooner or later. It is time to attend to see if the way forward for Wear OS it’s as vibrant because it seems.