For more than a year, the idea of seeing a hybrid between Mac mini and Mac Pro. Jon Prosser and Mark Gurman were among the most insistent on them and although in recent days their possible launch has already been predicted, it has not been until now that Apple has officially presented it under the name of Mac Studio.
This is Apple’s new Mac Studio
- This Mac Studio represents the evolution of the Mac mini, with scalable features. It comes with a Studio Display, which is a screen with premium features.
- First computer to offer performance, extensive connectivity and capacity and all this in a compact.
- Half of the device is designed to manage the generated heat. At the base the movement of air is carried out on the circular power supply. The release of heat is done through 2,000 machined perforations, making the sound minimal.
- Connectivity: Four USB-C Thunderbolt 4 ports, Ethernet port with support for a 10GB network, two USB-A ports, HDMI port, and audio jack.
- It has Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth 5 integrated.
- Availability of having a model with M1 Max or M1 Ultra chip.
- The M1 Max model has two USB-C ports on the front and the M1 Ultra is Thunderbolt 4. An SD card reader is also included.
- Configurable with 64 GB of RAM in the model with the M1 Max chip, and 128 GB in the model with the M1 Ultra.
- SSD offering 7.4 GB/s. Up to 8TB of capacity is available.
- With the M1 Ultra configuration it will be possible to play 18 streams of 8K ProRes 422 video.
- It consumes 1,000 kWh less than a high-end Windows computer.
Studio Display Feature
We now focus on the Studio Display, which is the ideal screen for this Mac Studio. The main characteristics of this model are the following:
- Screen that has the same design as the 24″ iMac. This means that it has reduced margins at all ends.
- It has the ability to tilt up to 30 degrees.
- It has a design completely made of aluminum.
At this time, the Apple Event in which this device is presented is being broadcast. We are trying to bring you the information as soon as possible. Please refresh the page to find changes.